To further its goal to achieve a financially developed and vibrant Eastern Caribbean Currency Union (ECCU), the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank (ECCB) spearheads the implementation of a financial education programme. The programme is built on two main pillars:
- Maintenance of a strong EC dollar, and
- The OECS single financial space
The objectives of the programme are:
- To facilitate understanding of money matters and the importance of investing
- To mobilise public discussion on economic and financial matters
- To create awareness and interest in financial developments and mobilise the public to take advantage of the investment opportunities in the ECCU.